The cabinet I started with had a Rats nest of a harness in it, and they had modified the cab by putting in a board so you couldn't reach the back of the cabinet from the front.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take "Before" pictures of the inside
I had to make a few modifications to the cabinet, but since it was converted and beat up a little already, I wasn't too concerned about it. The original kit came with a piece of wood that went between the cage and the side of the game. I didn't have this board, and I didn't feel like digging out my Table Saw to cut one, so I simply cut the back door brace so I could slide the PCB in and out without issue.
Another issue was with the lip under the front of the monitor. The original Defender didn't have to worry about the joystick switches hitting it since it was a simple two way joystick. Well, with this game, the switches wouldn't clear the lip, so I had to cut a couple of notches out so the switches would clear.
The Amp I used was from a Mr. Do cocktail that I had a long time ago. I rebuilt the Amp, and wired it up for Cloak & Dagger.
The control panel didn't come with Joysticks, so I put a couple of 4" Robotron Joysticks in there. Plays great!