Welcome to the What's New News!

 
Here you will find all the latest news of what's happening with the Arcade Restoration Workshop! 
11/1/1998 12:00 AM
Ok, I know, the pictures of the Coin door are not up yet. I've been really busy helping with the haunted house and work. Now that Halloween is here and gone, I can get back to the restorations. The haunted house was a big hit! I believe there were over 1,300 people who went through it (over the 5 days). Not bad for a haunted house that was built in a garage! Look on Graveyard's site for pictures (Not up as of this news, but should be up some time next week). I picked up a Pengo yesterday, and its going to be a MAJOR restoration project. Bigger than Stargate and Robotron. I will probably wind up building a new cabinet for it since the one I got is in real bad shape. The damn thing weighs a ton too! The cabinet is smaller than my Stargate and Robotron but weighs probably close to 200lbs. Pictures are up for Pengo, check them out on the Pengo restoration page. As for the coin door, well, I spray painted it without stripping to top paint and it looked like crap, so I'm in the process of stripping it completely down. Its getting close (should have that done in the next day or two). Once its stripped, I'll primer it and then paint it. It should turn out a lot better this way. The hits keep rolling in! I'm averaging about 30 hits a day. Thanks for visiting my site and I hope its been helpful. If you're looking for information on how to fix up your game and you can't find it here, drop me a note so I can add that information.

More News!

Below you'll find additional news about what's happening at the Arcade Restoration Workshop!  As you scroll down the page, more news will appear.
8/21/2017 11:10:28 PM
Restoration/Preservation has begun on my Kickman.
 
It's not a full restoration, but more of a preservation of what is there.  I like trying to keep things as original as possible.  With that in mind, I can take a few chances on this one as the damage is already done.  I'm mainly trying to prevent even more damage when I can.  Worse comes to worse, I'll do a full restore on it down the road. 
11/14/2016 3:38:35 PM
Well, I decided to update RoboJuke with a new Motherboard, Processor and RAM. The old one was a Celeron 700 with 2MB of RAM running Windows XP. I upgraded to a Celeron N3150 (Quad Core 1.35Ghz), with 8GB of RAM running Windows 10.
After upgrading, I found out that the software I was using (Virtual Music Jukebox) wouldn't run on Windows 10. After looking for a replacement, I gave up and wrote my own Jukebox Software called "Simple JukeBox". It is avilable for FREE, you can read more about it here: http://forums.arcaderestoration.com/topics/17-Simple-JukeBox
© Copyright 2009-2017, ClassicSoft, LLC. All rights reserved
Powered by the ClassicSoft Web Content Framework V3