Welcome to the What's New News!

 
Here you will find all the latest news of what's happening with the Arcade Restoration Workshop! 
3/21/2000 12:00 AM
Cool stuff happening again!
Sunday I picked up a Table Saw! Whoo Hoo! Thanks to James for helping me bring it home (no way it would have fit in my car!) and setting it up. Turns out that I will need to install an additional circuit breaker in my house and run an outlet into the garage just for the Table Saw. We tested it after it was all set up and it dimmed the lights in the house :-) I am going to be picking up Wheel Casters for it so I can move it around easier. Trying to move a 280LB Table Saw around is not an easy task. I had to move all but 3 of my games inside the house now. My house now has 18 games in it. Yikes! Luckily, 4 of them will be moving out when my Friend Jerry's house is finished. Then I can move the other 3 inside too and use the rest of the space in the garage as a complete workshop. As I start to paint and do more work with the table saw, I am going to need the room in the Garage anyway. This should also tell me not to get too many more games :-) I updated my Joust Restoration page! I decided to try the Heat Gun trick that I read about on Usenet and it works so well, that I am going to be using that technique from now on if I can. Updated the Photo Tutorial on Fixing Control Panels, it now has more pictures and descriptions of the progress.

More News!

Below you'll find additional news about what's happening at the Arcade Restoration Workshop!  As you scroll down the page, more news will appear.
8/21/2017 11:10:28 PM
Restoration/Preservation has begun on my Kickman.
 
It's not a full restoration, but more of a preservation of what is there.  I like trying to keep things as original as possible.  With that in mind, I can take a few chances on this one as the damage is already done.  I'm mainly trying to prevent even more damage when I can.  Worse comes to worse, I'll do a full restore on it down the road. 
11/14/2016 3:38:35 PM
Well, I decided to update RoboJuke with a new Motherboard, Processor and RAM. The old one was a Celeron 700 with 2MB of RAM running Windows XP. I upgraded to a Celeron N3150 (Quad Core 1.35Ghz), with 8GB of RAM running Windows 10.
After upgrading, I found out that the software I was using (Virtual Music Jukebox) wouldn't run on Windows 10. After looking for a replacement, I gave up and wrote my own Jukebox Software called "Simple JukeBox". It is avilable for FREE, you can read more about it here: http://forums.arcaderestoration.com/topics/17-Simple-JukeBox
© Copyright 2009-2017, ClassicSoft, LLC. All rights reserved
Powered by the ClassicSoft Web Content Framework V3