Welcome to the What's New News!

 
Here you will find all the latest news of what's happening with the Arcade Restoration Workshop! 
2/25/1999 12:00 AM
Today was a good day! I received my Metrocross stuff. I got the PCB, CP, Manual, Side Art and Wiring Harness! Kick Ass! Now I can build my game! A BIG thanks to Chris Nelson for making this possible. I would have NO problem dealing with this guy in the future. The Galaga Link is broken, if anyone knows where it went, please let me know and I will update the Link. Kevin Umbach's link was broken in the Restoration Guide Section 2, so I fixed that. The Reactor link has been updated as well. I bought the Thief for cheap and was told that it probably had monitor problems. Well, as it turns out it was only missing two fuses. Put two new fuses in, and presto! The game works like a champ. I had to rewire the control panel and replace a leaf switch. The power cord also needs to be replaced which uses a Molex connector so I will need to obtain a Pin Extractor and some new pins. The cabinet is also starting to come apart at the bottom of the cabinet in the back, I will have to fix that. I'll have pictures of the process of fixing this when I do it. The Gorf page is up now. Super Mario Brothers, Thief, Metrocross and TMNT will have to wait until I get screen shots. TMNT is the only one right now emulated in MAME so I may have to take pictures with my Digital Camera for the other games. (Not Really what I want to do) Bob Roberts adds yet another Tip & Trick! Thanks Bob! This one is how to use Rock Hard Wood Putty Effectively. Check it out! I removed the Guest book as no one was signing it and it was taking up space. I have re-arranged things on the sides slightly and have removed things that no longer are valid. I am always looking for useful information to add to this site, links, etc... please feel free to drop me a note a bking@primenet.com if you have something that you think others would find useful.

More News!

Below you'll find additional news about what's happening at the Arcade Restoration Workshop!  As you scroll down the page, more news will appear.
8/21/2017 11:10:28 PM
Restoration/Preservation has begun on my Kickman.
 
It's not a full restoration, but more of a preservation of what is there.  I like trying to keep things as original as possible.  With that in mind, I can take a few chances on this one as the damage is already done.  I'm mainly trying to prevent even more damage when I can.  Worse comes to worse, I'll do a full restore on it down the road. 
11/14/2016 3:38:35 PM
Well, I decided to update RoboJuke with a new Motherboard, Processor and RAM. The old one was a Celeron 700 with 2MB of RAM running Windows XP. I upgraded to a Celeron N3150 (Quad Core 1.35Ghz), with 8GB of RAM running Windows 10.
After upgrading, I found out that the software I was using (Virtual Music Jukebox) wouldn't run on Windows 10. After looking for a replacement, I gave up and wrote my own Jukebox Software called "Simple JukeBox". It is avilable for FREE, you can read more about it here: http://forums.arcaderestoration.com/topics/17-Simple-JukeBox
© Copyright 2009-2017, ClassicSoft, LLC. All rights reserved
Powered by the ClassicSoft Web Content Framework V3