Welcome to the What's New News!

 
Here you will find all the latest news of what's happening with the Arcade Restoration Workshop! 
2/9/1999 12:00 AM
(This all happened on last Sunday) Ok, things are starting to shape up and few things are starting to break :-) The TMNT monitor broke, I moved into into my house, turned it on and *POOF* the fuse blows. Two fuses later I determined that it was the monitor that was problem. I start poking around the monitor (very carefully, mind you!) and I find that a ground wire came loose and was touching the boards in the monitor. Not a good thing. So I discharge the monitor and go to hook the wire back up and find that its too short to reach where its SUPPOSED to go. While putting the board back on the end of the Tube, I hear a *CRACK!*. I wasn't forcing it or applying that much pressure, but it didn't take much. The board cracked across a couple of traces. Upon closer inspection of the board, it appears that this is not the first time its happened as it looks like someone had jumpered across the traces in the past. So rather than mess with it, I dropped the monitor off at Al's and his Tech is either going to fix the board or replace it. I would prefer that it gets replaced, but thats a pain in the ass because of the Fly Back. So... I decided to move on to the Super Mario Brothers. I opened it up, cleaned it out (A LOT of Dust!) and started looking around. I found a wire that was soldered onto the board. This wire was hooked up to a SLAM switch on the coin door. This is not something you normally see on a Nintendo machine. Why they thought they needed a SLAM switch on Super Mario Brothers is beyond me. I proceeded to remove the wire from the board as I didn't need nor, want the switch. When I got the game, it was marked as having "No Video", well it did have video, it was just scrambled. Needs a CAP KIT most likely. After re-assembling the game, it now has "No Video" :-( I don't know if its because of that switch (The switch looked like it was modified to be always closed or something along those lines) or if I just screwed something up on re-assembling it. Either way, I was not a happy camper and decided that I had enough for the day. On Monday, I started working on the pages for Gorf, TMNT, Thief, and Super Mario Brothers. I hope to have them done this week. I will also have a lot more pictures to put up concerning the work I am doing on the TMNT and SMB. I received my Metrocross Marquee last week. Looks really good, now all I have to do is find the boards :-)

More News!

Below you'll find additional news about what's happening at the Arcade Restoration Workshop!  As you scroll down the page, more news will appear.
11/14/2016 3:38:35 PM
Well, I decided to update RoboJuke with a new Motherboard, Processor and RAM. The old one was a Celeron 700 with 2MB of RAM running Windows XP. I upgraded to a Celeron N3150 (Quad Core 1.35Ghz), with 8GB of RAM running Windows 10.
After upgrading, I found out that the software I was using (Virtual Music Jukebox) wouldn't run on Windows 10. After looking for a replacement, I gave up and wrote my own Jukebox Software called "Simple JukeBox". It is avilable for FREE, you can read more about it here: http://forums.arcaderestoration.com/topics/17-Simple-JukeBox
1/21/2016 1:28:09 PM
I know, long time since my last update!  Life getting in the way of fun...
 
I added a new Links section for Arcades and Arcade Bars from around the world. 
 
If you have an Arcade or Arcade Bar that you want listed, you can submit the information here:
 
http://www.arcaderestoration.com/SubmitLink.aspx 
Will be getting ready for ZapCon 2016 (http://www.zapcon.com/), only a couple of months away! 
© Copyright 2009-2017, ClassicSoft, LLC. All rights reserved
Powered by the ClassicSoft Web Content Framework V3