Welcome to the What's New News!

Here you will find all the latest news of what's happening with the Arcade Restoration Workshop! 
1/31/1999 12:00 AM
I survived my first Real Auction yesterday. It was a lot of fun and I got some smoking deals. I picked up a Super Mario Brothers for $50 and I got a TMNT (converted Defender) for $50. I also picked up 10 15" (one was like a 9") PC Monitors for $40 which all but 1 worked, which works out to about $4.50 per monitor :-) I also picked up an HP ScanJet 3c for $75. I also picked up a few other misc items. All in all, I think I did very well for my first auction. I've put up a list of the other games that were auctioned off on my Auction Results page. A lot of good deals. The Super Mario Brothers was marked "No Power" and "No Monitor". Well, when I got home I plugged it in and it does have power, and it does have a picture, the picture just looks like it doesn't have Sync. Nothing major (atleast at this point). The cabinet needs some new trim, but other than that its in great shape. The TMNT is a Defender conversion and it also said "No Power", well apparently the person checking the games didn't know about the power switch in the front of the Defender Cabinet. I plugged it in, flipped the switch and Wha-la! The game comes up. The picture looks a little blurry and the wiring job inside looks like a rats nest, but the game works and plays well. As an added bonus I get a coin box for my Defender, and I get the Front Plexi (I only had a plain tinted Plexi before). I will have pages and pictures up this week of Super Mario Brothers, Thief and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I added a new link for XYVids Restoration of his Reactor. The site is new so you should check it out as it will be getting more and more information on an on-going basis.

More News!

Below you'll find additional news about what's happening at the Arcade Restoration Workshop!  As you scroll down the page, more news will appear.
8/21/2017 11:10:28 PM
Restoration/Preservation has begun on my Kickman.
It's not a full restoration, but more of a preservation of what is there.  I like trying to keep things as original as possible.  With that in mind, I can take a few chances on this one as the damage is already done.  I'm mainly trying to prevent even more damage when I can.  Worse comes to worse, I'll do a full restore on it down the road. 
11/14/2016 3:38:35 PM
Well, I decided to update RoboJuke with a new Motherboard, Processor and RAM. The old one was a Celeron 700 with 2MB of RAM running Windows XP. I upgraded to a Celeron N3150 (Quad Core 1.35Ghz), with 8GB of RAM running Windows 10.
After upgrading, I found out that the software I was using (Virtual Music Jukebox) wouldn't run on Windows 10. After looking for a replacement, I gave up and wrote my own Jukebox Software called "Simple JukeBox". It is avilable for FREE, you can read more about it here: http://forums.arcaderestoration.com/topics/17-Simple-JukeBox
© Copyright 2009-2021, ClassicSoft, LLC. All rights reserved
Powered by the ClassicSoft Web Content Framework V3