Welcome to the What's New News!

 
Here you will find all the latest news of what's happening with the Arcade Restoration Workshop! 
8/20/2007 12:00 AM
Tons of things going on, just not enough time to document everything. I am getting to that though. Slowly but surely.

I've made good progress on the Zoo Keeper restoration (not documented yet). I've also made good progress on the Wacko! restoration (which HAS been documented).

I've been working on the Sinistar Sound problem as well. In the process I dug out all my Sound boards (6 that I could find) and 5 of them have problems. I've already fixed one of the Sound Boards (A Joust) and will be working on the rest as time permits.

I purchased a Zoo Keeper Bezel and Marquee, and if all goes well, those should show up this week. I am also working on getting the back door metal plate fabricated. Once that is done, I can complete the re-assembly of Zoo Keeper.

I also purchased a couple of extra PCBS (Jungle King and Time Pilot 84) in "Untested" condition, so I have something to practice my PCB repairing on. I've got a lot to learn, but it is fun!

My test bench is now setup and the UNIVID 1000 is up and running. I built a set of Adapters to convert the Molex connectors on the UNIVID 1000 to DB25 connectors (DB25 were cheaper then the DB15!). After I built that set, I built a set so I could test the Williams Sound Boards with out the need for any of the other boards. This has worked very well.

More News!

Below you'll find additional news about what's happening at the Arcade Restoration Workshop!  As you scroll down the page, more news will appear.
8/21/2017 11:10:28 PM
Restoration/Preservation has begun on my Kickman.
 
It's not a full restoration, but more of a preservation of what is there.  I like trying to keep things as original as possible.  With that in mind, I can take a few chances on this one as the damage is already done.  I'm mainly trying to prevent even more damage when I can.  Worse comes to worse, I'll do a full restore on it down the road. 
11/14/2016 3:38:35 PM
Well, I decided to update RoboJuke with a new Motherboard, Processor and RAM. The old one was a Celeron 700 with 2MB of RAM running Windows XP. I upgraded to a Celeron N3150 (Quad Core 1.35Ghz), with 8GB of RAM running Windows 10.
After upgrading, I found out that the software I was using (Virtual Music Jukebox) wouldn't run on Windows 10. After looking for a replacement, I gave up and wrote my own Jukebox Software called "Simple JukeBox". It is avilable for FREE, you can read more about it here: http://forums.arcaderestoration.com/topics/17-Simple-JukeBox
© Copyright 2009-2017, ClassicSoft, LLC. All rights reserved
Powered by the ClassicSoft Web Content Framework V3