Welcome to the What's New News!

 
Here you will find all the latest news of what's happening with the Arcade Restoration Workshop! 
4/14/2007 12:00 AM
It's been awhile since my last update, but that is because I've been busy as hell. I received my games from the East Coast deal I did, so now I have 7 more games in my collection. There were a total of 12 games (7 where mine, 5 were my friends).

The deal didn't turn out that great in the end. The games (except for a couple) were not in the condition I was expecting them in and since they came from the east cost, they had some mold and mildew issues. Not something you are really used to dealing with here in Arizona. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't have done the deal.

99% of the games will take some work to get them up to snuff, but one is probably going to be a major project (Jungle King) . The Jungle King cabinet is pretty hosed and will probably require me to build a new cabinet for it.

On to more positive things... Construction has started on my new game room. I am having my old patio enclosed (plus an additional 6 feet) to give me an additional 240 Sqft for games. I'll put up a page of the construction progress later.

My "Seceret Project" is getting closer to being done. However, with the 12 new games in my garage I no longer have any room to do anything (including parking my car in there), so that's temporarily on hold.

I have a lot of information I want to post, but it will take some time to get everything together. Lots of pictures, and info to sort out. So keep checking back as I will post information when I can.

More News!

Below you'll find additional news about what's happening at the Arcade Restoration Workshop!  As you scroll down the page, more news will appear.
8/21/2017 11:10:28 PM
Restoration/Preservation has begun on my Kickman.
 
It's not a full restoration, but more of a preservation of what is there.  I like trying to keep things as original as possible.  With that in mind, I can take a few chances on this one as the damage is already done.  I'm mainly trying to prevent even more damage when I can.  Worse comes to worse, I'll do a full restore on it down the road. 
11/14/2016 3:38:35 PM
Well, I decided to update RoboJuke with a new Motherboard, Processor and RAM. The old one was a Celeron 700 with 2MB of RAM running Windows XP. I upgraded to a Celeron N3150 (Quad Core 1.35Ghz), with 8GB of RAM running Windows 10.
After upgrading, I found out that the software I was using (Virtual Music Jukebox) wouldn't run on Windows 10. After looking for a replacement, I gave up and wrote my own Jukebox Software called "Simple JukeBox". It is avilable for FREE, you can read more about it here: http://forums.arcaderestoration.com/topics/17-Simple-JukeBox
© Copyright 2009-2017, ClassicSoft, LLC. All rights reserved
Powered by the ClassicSoft Web Content Framework V3